Saturday, September 25, 2010

I was going to call you Velvet Underground...


Velvet Maxi Skirt: Ralph Lauren
Scarf: Vintage
Necklace: Vintage
Bag: Gifted
Shoes: Hong Kong

The name obviously is referring to my black velvet maxi skirt which I bought several weeks ago and have finally coerced out of my wardrobe. I love this top, it’s so versatile and it’s actually fairly long. Although, the velvet of the skirt combined with the tiers underneath do appear to have a bulking property and has appeared to add about 5lbs to my frame. But no worries, I like this outfit anyway and I hope it translates as well in photos.

The shoes are from Hong Kong, surprisingly good quality for the price I got them for. I need to go back to HK again soon! The belt is from a dress that I bought from Vietnam. I also have the urge to return to Vietnam!

So, thank god it’s the weekend. Yesterday was one of those days… It started with me stumbling over my regular Starbucks order which I can usually fire out at about 12 words per second, and them trying to pay for said order wiith my buscard… and then staring blankly at the barista who laughed at me and said “Well I guess I could try this… but uhhh… would you like an extra shot in your coffee?” At least I think I made his day.

Plus, this skirt has absolutely no stretch whatsover making it a bad choice for days when I am rushing around. Actually, scrap that, if I need to walk, it’s impracticle due to the fact that I am a natural power walker and I have the attitude of “if I’m not early, then I’m late” making me late 90% of the time, all the time. I really need someone to bring back hoop skirts… just a thought?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your lovely comments! I enjoy reading them all and visiting your blogs =)