Sunday, October 31, 2010

No Alarms and No Surprises...


Skirt, Scarf and clutch: Vintage
Jacket: ASOS
Sheos: Basque

So the other day I had to present my final year honours project to a bunch of industry professionals, academia and students in a small exhibition run by my university. This was a big component of our assessment for the project so it was a pretty big deal and I was so nervous! I think it went really well though and I had a really good time showing off my work =)

I never know how to dress professionally without getting too boring and corporate. I’d love to see more of it on here! We didn’t really have a dress code but I decided to get the big guns out and get myself out there by wearing this. I loved the candy striped shirt with the polka dotted skirt, which I kindly took off my mum’s hands. I added the white bow, puff sleeved blazer and the matching leather accessories and I was good to go!

I even decided to pull my hair back for the occassion. In the four years I’ve studied with my friends, they have never seen me dress like this or have my hair put up like this and so many of them didn’t even recognise me at first. I almost NEVER have my hair back but I feel like you gain a bit of confidence without being able to hide behind your hair, which was exactly what I needed for this exhibition! Hope you like it =)

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ALL MY NEW FANS AND FOLLOWERS! Big love to you <3


Tag Follow Saffron Haze

5 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS! You are amazing. I love this :) I never want to look too boring corporate either (lame!) so I love to see fresh ideas like this. Hope everything went the best Cat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outfit, you look absolutely stunning!!!

    xxx
    Vikki

    http://stylometre.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. wauuuw you look SO gorgeous, I love this kind of vintage-feeling outfit!!

    lovely blog!

    xoxo

    hope you come visit/follow me? :)
    lifeisroyalty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this outfit! Great blog :) xDanielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous. Can't imagine of a more suitable outfit. I love EVERYTHING you are wearing.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments! I enjoy reading them all and visiting your blogs =)